Applications now open for the 5th New Zealand Music Producer Series – October 26 to November 6th, 2020.
Thanks to the ongoing support of our music industry partners: Recorded Music New Zealand; The New Zealand Music Commission; NZ On Air; SAE Auckland; Auckland Unesco City Of Music and the Music Producers Guild NZ, we’re pleased to announce the newly-titled Aotearoa Music Producer Series (AMPS) for 2020. This event builds on the success of the previous four New Zealand Music Producer Series public seminars and workshops.
We’ve been proud to bring industry-leading producers including: Andrew Scheps, Sylvia Massy, David Wrench, Romesh Dodangoda, Gill Norton, Mark Rankin, Dave Eringa and Guy Massey to New Zealand for past workshops. The 2020 event will be a celebration of the incredible production talent here in Aotearoa.
AMPS will be running a series of 10 one-day music production workshops at Roundhead Studios, Auckland. These will consist of a breakdown of each producer’s multitrack recordings, discussion of production techniques and workflows, artist motivation, producer mental health and the ability to sustain a career, particularly due to the global impacts of COVID-19. This year’s workshops will be free to all attendees and places are limited so please book early using the link below.
PRODUCERS & DATES
26 Oct: Sam de Jong Little Mix, Muse, Lennon Stella, Noah Kahan
27 Oct: Josh Fountain Benee, Leisure, Foley, Mathew Young
28 Oct: Bic Runga Bic Runga, King Sweeties
29 Oct: Tom Healy Tiny Ruins, Finn Andrews, Trey Songz, Miss June
30 Oct: P Money Starley, Scribe, PNC, David Dallas
2 Nov: Devin Abrams Pacific Heights, Drax Project, Shapeshifter, The Adults
3 Nov: Estère Dalton Estère, Raiza Biz, Deva Mahal
4 Nov: Lee Prebble The Phoenix Foundation, Trinity Roots, The Black Seeds, Fly My Pretties
5 Nov: Simon Gooding Pink, Neil Finn, Drax Project, Mitch James
6 Nov: Rory Noble Kanye West, M-Phazes, Just Blaze, Church & AP
The workshops will take place at both level one and level two restrictions adhering to all corresponding health measures.
Terms and Conditions
• Applications must be submitted by 5pm, Monday, 12th October 2020.
• Three examples of production/engineering work must be submitted as part of the application. Submissions by link (Soundcloud, Spotify, etc).
• Successful applicants will be informed by 5pm, Friday, 16th October 2020.
• Travel, transfers, catering and accommodation are not included and are the responsibility of the attendee.
• The Aotearoa Music Producer Series reserves the right to amend or vary the content of the series at any time.
• By participating, attendees grant the Aotearoa Music Producer Series permission to use their names, photographs and video likeness for future
promotion and marketing purposes without remuneration.
The Aotearoa Music Producer Series is presented by Recorded Music New Zealand with support from NZ On Air, APRA AMCOS NZ, SAE Auckland, The New Zealand Music Commission and Auckland Council / Auckland Unesco City Of Music and Mt Atkinson Coffee