Presented by Recorded Music NZ and the Music Producers Guild NZ
The 5th edition of the Producer Series celebrates the craft of music production builds on the success of the previous four Music Producer Series public seminars and workshops. Thanks to the ongoing support of our music industry partners: Recorded Music New Zealand; The New Zealand Music Commission; NZ On Air; SAE Auckland and the Music Producers Guild NZ, we’re pleased to announce the newly-titled Aotearoa Music Producer Series (AMPS) for 2020. This event
We’ve been proud to bring industry-leading producers including: Andrew Scheps, Sylvia Massy, David Wrench, Romesh Dodangoda, Gill Norton, Mark Rankin, Dave Eringa and Guy Massey to New Zealand for past workshops. The 2020 event will be a celebration of the incredible production talent here in Aotearoa.
AMPS will be running a series of 10 one-day music production workshops at Roundhead Studios, Auckland. These will consist of a breakdown of each producer’s multitrack recordings, discussion of production techniques and workflows, artist motivation, producer mental health and the ability to sustain a career, particularly due to the global impacts of Covid-19. This year’s workshops will be free to all attendees and places are limited so please book early.
The workshops will take place at both level one and level two restrictions adhering to all corresponding health measures.
The 2020 AMPS producers are:
2020 Workshop Dates:
26th October: Sam de Jong (Little Mix, Muse, Lennon Stella, Noah Kahan)
27th October: Josh Fountain (Benee, Leisure, Foley, Mathew Young)
28th October: Bic Runga (Bic Runga, King Sweeties)
29th October: Tom Healy (Tiny Ruins, Finn Andrews, Trey Songz, Miss June)
30th October: P Money (Starley, Scribe, PNC, David Dallas)
2nd November: Devin Abrams (Pacific Heights, Drax Project, Shapeshifter, The Adults)
3rd November: Estère Dalton (Estère)
4th November: Lee Prebble (The Phoenix Foundation, Trinity Roots, The Black Seeds, Fly My Pretties)
5th November: Simon Gooding (Pink, Neil Finn, Drax Project, Mitch James)
6th November: Rory Noble (Kanye West, M-Phazes, Just Blaze, Kings)
To apply, fill out the application form HERE.
For further information, contact Greg Haver on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions:
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm, Monday, 13th October 2020.
- Three examples of production/engineering work must be submitted as part of the application. Submissions by link (Soundcloud, Spotify etc.).
- Successful applicants will be informed by 5pm, Friday, 16th October 2020.
- Travel, transfers, catering and accommodation are not included and are the responsibility of the attendee.
- The Aotearoa Music Producer Series reserves the right to amend or vary the content of the series at any time.
- By participating, attendees grant The Aotearoa Music Producer Series permission to use their names, photographs and video likeness for future promotion and marketing purposes without remuneration.